She agreed and we set a date for the audio recording.
An hour into it, Natalie realized that she couldn't capture her many challenging, yet wonderful, experiences in a single session. Two more sessions followed. As we talked, I wondered how she had been able to endure the bitter cold and the stinging rejection she had faced on a daily basis. I admired her ability to press forward even when she and a companion had not agreed on how to approach the work. And I marveled at her tenacity learning Russian. She went from barely understanding a single word to "mastery" (her mission president's word) of a language that uses the Cyrillic alphabet.
So why am I blogging about this? Because the stories of older adults aren't the only ones we should capture. Perhaps you know young people who have served in the military or traveled to China to teach English or spent time abroad on humanitarian adventures. We don't need to wait decades to capture their choice experiences. Let's capture them now.
Apparently, Natalie agrees with this. Today is her boyfriend's birthday, and one of her gifts to him is a gift certificate for an audio recording. (Her idea--not mine.) She knows that the personal stories of 25-year-olds have value and that they should be captured. I couldn't agree more!
Call and let's chat about recording the stories of someone you love.
'Til Then,
Heidi
801.309.6343
hhp.memories@gmail.com
www.MemoriesMilestones.zenfolio.com

No comments:
Post a Comment